Monday, July 26, 2010

Week ending August 1, 2010

7/26 - 40 minutes AM (5 miles), 57 minutes PM (8 miles)

7/27 - 40 minutes AM (5 miles), 64 minutes PM (10 miles)

7/28 - workout (legs are heavy and tired from increasing mileage so this was a compromise between not doing a workout and doing something really hard. I did 6 x mile, starting at about half marathon pace and working down close to 5K pace) (2 miles warm up, then 5:25, 5:21, 5:15, 5:09, 5:03, 4:59, all with 400m recovery in about 2 minutes, 2 miles cool down. With 1 minute recovery this would probably be a nice workout under normal circumstances. I like that it started out feeling pretty smooth and comfortable and gradually got quicker. I tried to stay relaxed and focus on breathing smooth and relaxing as the pace got quicker. I also am still working on starting races more intelligently and a workout like this might help with that. All in all, not a killer workout, but a nice "base" workout that should allow me to recover quickly and keep the miles up.) (11 miles)

7/29 - 40 minutes AM (5 miles), 69 minutes PM (10 miles)

7/30 - 71 minutes AM (11 miles), 40 minutes PM (5 miles)

7/31 - 80 minutes (4 miles warm up, 5 miles tempo in about 27:30, 3 miles cool down) (12 miles)

8/1 - 117 minutes (18 miles)

Summary: Back to back 100 mile weeks. Doin' work.

Quote of the week: R.P. McMurphy from One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest "Is that crazy enough for ya'? Want me to take a shit on the floor?"

4 comments:

Rob said...

Looks like a solid workout, Bob.

KG said...

thought I stumbled on the wrong site. Nice fresh new look. That workout was a nice progression. I'm feeling the same way as you due to an increase in miles.

Daniel Hocking said...

Solid week! I like the new look of the blog as well.

Wilesthing said...

Thanks guys. As long as I can stay on the safe side of the injury bug I'm thinking I can make a fitness jump in the fall. Jumping from 75 to 100 has made me tired and a bit sore, so I need to go easy when the body says to!