Monday, September 27, 2010

Week ending October 3, 2010

9/27 - 40 minutes AM (5 miles), 48 minutes PM (6 miles)

9/28 - 48 minutes AM (6 miles), 68 minutes PM (10 miles)

9/29 - 40 minutes AM (5 miles), workout PM - 2 miles warm up, then 8 miles in 42:38 (5:20, 5:20, 5:20, 5:21, 5:21, 5:20, 5:21, 5:15) 2 miles cool down with a set of strides. (12 miles)

9/30 - 48 minutes AM (6 miles), 60 minutes PM (8 miles)

10/1 - 45 minutes AM (6 miles), 67 minutes PM (10 miles)

10/2 - workout - 3 miles warm up then 8 x 3 minutes @ 10k pace w/ 1:30 rest, 2 miles cool down (11 miles)

10/3 - last 16 miles of Maine Marathon with Seth, watching him punch his ticket to Boston!

Summary: 101 miles for the week. Finished the week feeling really good, although Monday morning I'm feeling a bit lousy. I think it is just something in the fall air mostly.

6 comments:

Fast Punx said...

daaamn, those 5:20 miles are gonna make 7:10s like a slow jog with me on Sunday!

Wilesthing said...

Hopefully! I'll probably still be tired! You're ready to roll. No sleep 'till BQ!

Daniel Hocking said...

Looks like things are going well. How are you feeling? It seems like you've got 5:20 pace down cold. I think you're going to rock this half!

Wilesthing said...

Thanks Dan, overall I'm feeling pretty good. Nothing hurts, so that's good. I'm finding myself going a bit easier on easy days to recover and hit the workouts while still getting in the mileage. 5:20 is still work after a few miles but I have to remind myself that I was only 2 days removed from a hard 20 miler, so that has to be a factor. To be honest, I find myself fearing the workouts a bit before I start them, wondering if I'll be able to finish them still, but once I get rolling I'm OK. I think it is because my race pace at Stowe was 5:19 and now I'm getting in work at that pace every week. That part still seems odd, in a pleasing way.

Daniel Hocking said...

8 miles at HM pace is a tough workout. 5:20s will seem a whole lot easy went not after a hard 20 miler and with the adrenaline of race day. The big challenge will be to not go out too fast. If you're feeling a bit tired and run down don't be afraid to take a couple easy, low mileage days or a day off. You're definitely in great shape, so it's important not to bury it now by trying to stick to closely to a premade plan. Great week.

Wilesthing said...

Thanks Dan, great advice. I like to tell myself that I'm flexible, but I know deep down that I'm borderline mileage stubborn/obsessed.