Monday, November 1, 2010

Week ending November 7, 2010

11/1 - 46 minutes (7 miles)

11/2 - 36 minutes AM (5 miles), 66 minutes PM (10 miles)

11/3 - 40 minutes AM (5 miles), workout PM (2 miles warm up, 4 miles in 19:56 (5:00, 4:59, 4:59, 4:58) 3 miles cool down) (9 miles)

11/4 - 56 minutes (8 miles)

11/5 - 40 minutes AM (5 miles), 55 minutes PM (8 miles)

11/6 - 40 minutes (6 miles)

11/7 - workout (3 miles warm up, then 5 miles @ 26:29 (5:12, 5:20, 5:19, 5:16, 5:22), 4 miles cool down with a set of strides) (12 miles)

Summary: 75 miles with a good hard workout on Wednesday. This felt a little easier than the one last week, especially the last mile wasn't as bad. Sunday's race pace workout was OK, but to be honest it felt a little tougher than I hoped it would. We did a lot of yard work on Saturday and I think I've got a little cold so I won't worry about it. Plus I ran it on the course instead of the track so there was some roll. Here's the 5 miles and elevation, which I'm just looking up to make myself feel better, I think. (OK, I feel better. It is a little long and the slower miles have some elevation gain.)

5 comments:

J.Fyffe said...

You're killing it man. What do you have in store for this winter?

Wilesthing said...

Thanks man! I've got a half in 2 weeks, then I'm planning on some Ace of Base for the winter and hopefully laying some mileage out for a big summer next year. I'll hop in a couple of track races over the winter as well, see if I can improve my 5K somewhere, maybe BU's Terrier meet? Have you decided which meets your doing?

Jeff Goupil said...

Nice workout for a second I thought you hadn't updates since last week but then noticed nope your just a animal

Rob said...

Looks like a great run on Sunday--coupled with everything else you are doing, you are going to kill it at the Half on Sunday.

Kevin said...

"Sunday's race pace workout was OK, but to be honest it felt a little tougher than I hoped it would."

That's because you ran a 4 mile race on Wednesday. Nice job!