Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Krempels King of the Road Challenge

As some of you know I've been doing some cycling lately to cross train and give some lingering running injuries time to heal. I've been having a blast doing it and I'm starting to think that cycling will remain part of my normal exercise regimen even once the abs are back to normal.

Anywhoo...I am putting together a team to participate in a local charity ride taking place in Stratham, NH on October 15th. It is the Krempels King of the Road Challenge and it benefits the Krempels Center, which is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people living with brain injury from trauma, tumor or stroke.

"Great Bob, what do you want from me???"

Good question. Below is a short list of requests in order of preference. Choose one, all, or none, but keep in mind that the quality of future holiday greeting cards you receive from me may depend on your choice. Choose wisely.

1. Join me! I'm hoping to put together a team of 10 riders and the date is quickly approaching! I can promise you that Team Wilesthing will be the coolest team in the challenge, if coolness is determined by the amount of riders wearing denim bib shorts. If you're interested in joining me, register at www.kingchallenge.org and choose Team Wilesthing from the drop-down menu when you get to the step for joining an existing team. I can promise you that this will be one of the best days of your life, especially if you aren't married, don't have kids, and never saw Vanilla Ice live in concert.

2. Sponsor me! I'm sure somewhere along the way I must have loaned you $10. Here's your chance to pay me back. (I expect at least $20 from you, Paradis!) Even if you loaned me money and you're still waiting for me to repay you, just add another $10 or $20 to my tab and bill me at a later date. Much later please. If you want to help me meet my fundraising obligation, please visit MY PAGE. Any help is awesome, and the more you help the more awesome you are. My goal is to raise $500 and I've only got three weeks left to get there, so if you think that the Krempels Center might be worth skipping a couple of cups of coffee for (trust me, it is), send me your Dunkin Donuts money and I'll buy you a coffee the next time I see you! (It's tax deductible! Here's the receipt form.)

3. If you aren't a cyclist but know someone who is, please forward this to them! Make sure you tell them that local pro, Teddy King of team Liquigas-Cannondale and his brother Robbie King are leading the charge on this and will be riding along with several other pros.

I know everyone gets hit up for money all the time for this various causes, so I appreciate any support I can get!

Thanks in advance for supporting this great cause!

1 comment:

Wilesthing said...

Chris Delgross is awesome!